Health & Safety Information
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to navigate COVID-19. Our resorts are following state and local guidelines and we appreciate everyone’s understanding as guidelines evolve.
Know Before You Go Information
- Face coverings are recommended when you cannot be socially distanced from unknown individuals.
- Face coverings are required on shuttles and any public transportation.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Guidelines and Info
At Whiteface, our teams are:
- Maintaining physical barriers (e.g. plexiglass) at high interaction points like ticket areas
- Operating with increased frequency of cleaning procedures and a deep clean at night
- Maintaining hand hygiene stations throughout our venues for guests & employees.
- Undergoing a daily health screening prior to every shift
- Reducing indoor capacities to help maintain 6 feet of social distancing
- It is required that tickets be purchased online in advance for specific day(s) of planned skiing to ensure you will have a ticket. Walk-up ticket sales will NOT be available during holiday periods or when we are sold out.
- If the dates you desire are not currently available, be sure to check back! Based on our evaluation, we may add more tickets to our inventory.
Shuttles and on Mountain Transportation:
- All drivers and guests are required to wear face coverings when riding a shuttle.
Gondola and Lift Recommendations and Requirements:
- Face coverings are recommended on chair lifts and in the gondola when riding with unknown guests.
- Please leave windows open in gondola cabins.
Snow Sports Lessons:
All lessons must be reserved in advance.
- All participants will acknowledge health screening attestation (link) within 24 hours of participating in a lesson.
- If you currently experiencing, or have you recently (within the past 48 hours) experienced ANY of the following symptoms of COVID-19?
- Fever (above 99.9 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Cough (new or worsening)
- Shortness of Breath (new or worsening)
- Troubled Breathing (new or worsening)
- Muscle Pain or Body Aches (new or worsening)
- Headache (new or worsening)
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Sore Throat (new or worsening)
- Congestion or Runny Nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
- If you have any of these symptoms please reschedule your lesson for another day.
- Visibly sick individuals will be removed from lessons.
Food and Beverage:
- All indoor food and beverage locations will adhere to a 75% reduction in capacity. Tables are spaced to maintain social distancing.
- Tables in food service areas can be occupied by those who have purchased food and beverage, please limit your time so we have space for everyone.
- Please try to avoid the busier lunch hour of approximately 12 noon. Most menu items and daily specials are available during off-peak hours.
- Individuals who are bringing their own food is not permitted
- No storing food at tables, locker rooms, or other public spaces. If you are bringing your own food, it should fit into a personal pack and not be left in the lodge. We do not allow large backpacks or coolers.
Seasonal & Day-Use Lockers
- Locker fronts will be sanitized nightly during the deep clean process in our lodges.
- Be courteous to your fellow skier.
Lost and Found:
- We will discard of face masks, hand coverings (gloves), or anything other than hard goods.