Health & Safety Information
Thank you for your cooperation to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our guests, community, and employees.
Please review the information on the Face Covering Requirements in advance of your visit. We will publish any updates here as they become available, but be aware that our guidelines are subject to change without notice. We can’t wait to see you this summer!View Requirements »
Face Covering Requirements
When visiting Whiteface, please follow these guidelines:
- If you are fully vaccinated:
- Face coverings and social distancing are not required unless you are riding in a shuttle or other transportation provided by the Lake Placid Olympic Sites venues.
- If you are unvaccinated:
- Per CDC guidance, unvaccinated guests are responsible for wearing a face covering and social distancing, including children ages 2-12.
Guests are not required to present vaccination cards. If you aren’t feeling well or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and plan to visit us another time. For New Yorkers and visitors from out-of-state or another country, you can review the updated travel guidelines.View Travel Guidelines »
At Whiteface, our team is:
- Maintaining physical barriers (e.g. plexiglass) at high interaction points like ticket areas
- Operating with increased frequency of cleaning procedures and a deep clean at night
- Maintaining hand sanitizer stations throughout our venues
As a community, we are all responsible for our health and well-being. Thank you for continuing to follow the guidelines and protocols being put forth by our public officials.
Additional FAQs for Visitors
What face coverings are acceptable?
Face coverings (masks) must properly cover your nose and mouth with two or more layers of protection at all times. Masks that have holes for your mouth or nose or single-layer buffs will not satisfy the mask requirement.
Do you require advance ticket purchase or reservations?
No, for summer you can purchase your tickets online or on site at any of our ticketing locations. We will be limiting the number of tickets and parking spots available to control capacity.
Will dining facilities be open? Will the bar be open?
Can you tell us about your air purification in the lodges?
Where applicable, our lodges and other buildings with air handling units have been upgraded to State recommended Merv 13 filters. Buildings without air handling units will have portable HEPA filters placed in non-filtered areas. We will also have windows open as conditions allow to promote airflow.
What about cleaning and sanitizing in your lodges?
We are operating under new cleaning procedures as recommended by New York State and CDC along with an increased cleaning schedule and we have placed hand sanitizer stations throughout our venue.