To ensure that your child has the best experience possible at Whiteface, please use the following important information in preparing for your visit to the mountain! To help in speeding up the Registration process on your arrival day, please print and complete the Bear Den Registration Form prior to arrival and bring it with you to the Reservations area.Download Form »
IMPORTANT SNOWSPORTS INFORMATION
- Please plan accordingly and allow adequate time for rentals, registration paperwork and check-in. Late arrival and check-in may result in denial of enrollment into the program for that day.
- Kids Lesson & Program times may include organization time, rest periods, cold weather breaks, and/or play time, depending on the needs of the group. If a child refuses to participate in the program, the child will be allowed to remain indoors or a parent will be contacted.
- You will receive a numbered tag that corresponds with the number your child is assigned. You must present the tag when you pick up your child. It is your responsibility to give the tag to whoever is going to pick up your child. If the tag is lost, children will only be released to their legal guardians with a proper photo ID.
- All kids’ programs have been structured according to age-appropriate activities. Please do not try to place your child in a program that is not designed for his/her age group.
- Please evaluate your child’s skiing or snowboarding skills realistically, and remember that Whiteface offers many terrain challenges. If your child is unable to perform at his/her lesson or program level, Whiteface staff reserves the right to move your child to the more appropriate group.
- Please notify Whiteface Bear Den Mountain staff regarding any special needs your child may have, including food allergies, dislikes, and any physical or medical considerations. Please detail all information on the registration forms.
- Whiteface staff will not administer medications. If your child requires medication during the time he/she is at Bear Den Lodge, it is the parent’s responsibility to administer the medication.
- A parent must remain at the mountain if a child is enrolled in any Bear Den Mountain lessons or programs.
- Should an emergency arise, parents’ names will be put on the chalkboards at the base of every lift, and announcements will be made regularly. The Bear Den Staff will call the phone number provided on the registration form filled out during the sign-in process.
- All children must be picked up no later than 4:00 pm from all programs.
- Please be advised, cell phone service is limited on the mountain.
- Proof of your child’s age may be required upon check-in. Please label all belongings.