To ensure that your child has the best experience possible at Whiteface, please use the following important information in preparing for your visit to the mountain! To help in speeding up the Registration process on your arrival day, complete the Snowsports Form prior to arrival.
Snowsports General Inquiry
IMPORTANT SNOWSPORTS INFORMATION
- Please allow at least 1-1.5 hours for registration paperwork, rentals and check-in. Late arrival and check-in will result in denial of enrollment into the program for that day.
- Kids Lesson & Program times may include organization time, rest periods, cold weather breaks, and/or play time, depending on the needs of the group. If a child refuses to participate in the program, your child is NOT allowed to remain indoors for the remainder of the program, their parent/guardian must be reachable by phone and be available to pick the child up within 15 minutes.
- All kids’ programs have been structured according to age-appropriate activities. Please do not try to place your child in a program that is not designed for his/her age group.
- Please evaluate your child’s skiing or snowboarding skills realistically, and remember that Whiteface offers many terrain challenges. If your child is unable to perform at his/her lesson or program level, Whiteface staff reserves the right to move your child to the more appropriate group.
- Please notify Whiteface Bear Den Mountain staff regarding any special needs your child may have, including food allergies, dislikes, and any physical or medical considerations. Please detail all information on the registration forms.
- Whiteface staff will not administer medications. If your child requires medication during the time he/she is at Bear Den Lodge, it is the parent’s responsibility to administer the medication.
- A parent must remain at the mountain if a child is enrolled in any Bear Den Mountain lessons or programs.
- Should an emergency arise, parents’ names will be put on the chalkboards at the base of every lift, and announcements will be made regularly. The Bear Den Staff will call the phone number provided on the registration form filled out during the sign-in process.
- Parent/guardian must be available for immediate pickup at end of lesson.
- Please be advised, cell phone service is limited on the mountain.